First-Year Experience Cohort
The Bennion Center’s First-Year Experience is all about exploring community engagement in your first year on campus. We have curated a series of events that can help you find friends and make a difference in your community. From lively community projects on certain Saturdays to engaging virtual forums, join us as we explore 6 civic pathways that can guide your collegiate experience - no matter your background, major, or interests.
The Bennion Center First Year Experience Cohort (FYE) provides opportunities for students new to the U to engage in community engagement with the Bennion Center, University of Utah, and the greater Salt Lake City Community.
- 2x/month FYE meetings Friday 12:30-1:30pm
- Participate in Legacy of Lowell Sat., 9/24
- Participate in MLK Saturday Service Project Sat., 1/14
- Participate in the Environment and Sustainability Saturday Service Project on Sat., April 15th
- FYE members will have other community engagement opportunities through an opt-in process as determined by availability and interest.
The Bennion Center First Year Experience is an opportunity for traditional freshmen, transfer, and international students to explore community engagement opportunities. Through this program students will meet new people, engage in a variety of community engagement opportunities, build professional development skills, and gain the skills to apply for a Bennion Center leadership position the following year.
Apply by Friday, September 2nd